Frequently asked questions
- What do I do if I have an unused pledge form at home?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the Canadian Cancer Society has suspended all face to face fundraising. Please return your pledge form to your school when you can return.
- What do I do if I have cash that was donated before the tour changed?
Our local offices are currently closed. Please email Arlene Godby at email@example.com to let her know how much money you have. She will be in touch as soon as we reopen and money can be collected.
- I am cutting of my ponytail, what do I do with the hair?
Thank you for donating your ponytail! The hair will be donated to Wigs for Kids. You can go to www.wigsforkids.ca for instructions on how to send it directly or you can drop it off at one of our local offices when we reopen.
- I completed a challenge, where do I send the video/picture to?
We are excited to see what you did! You can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I cut my hair/shaved my head, where do I send the video/picture to?
Great job! You can send your before and after pictures or your video to email@example.com
- How can I reach my fundraising goal?
FUNdraising Ideas – online only!
- Email – email friends/family to let them know you are supporting Pedal For Hope
- Social Media – share your webpage on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.
- Headshave/Ponytail Cut – want to shave your head or cut your ponytail? Talk to your parents first and then send us a before and after photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist/Writers – create an art piece or story and auction it off online
- Challenge your friends – who can raise the most
- Ask 10 people for donate $10 each online
- Dress Up – Let people know you will dress up like a pirate if you raise so much online by a certain time. Once you reach the fundraising amount, post a pic of you in the pirate outfit.
- Tricks: Create a trick/practical joke menu and take orders for a small fee. Also sell ‘Insurance’ to avoid the pranks.
- Virtual online shopping sale
- TED Talk-style event- offer to read your most recent school speech if someone donates to you. Send them the video of you by email.
- A Read-a-thon or book-a-thon – ask friends/family to pledge for how many books you read
- A physical challenge: For every $10 raised, commit to climbing flights of stairs, doing a number of push-ups, planks, or some other physical feat
- A “Dare” Fundraiser, for every specific amount raised, someone commits to doing something that parent dares them to do
Please feel free to contact Arlene at email@example.com if you need more ideas.
- Who do I contact if I am having trouble or need help with the online fundraising platform?
Contact Arlene Godby, Community Fundraising Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org 705-742-3823 or 1-800-463-0432 Ext 3217
- When will I get my Pedal for Hope hat?
If you cut your ponytail or shaved your head you will receive an Pedal For Hope hat. Once our local office reopens we will have them available for pick up or we can ship it to your house. You will be contacted to see which you prefer.
- When will I know if I won a fundraising prize?
We will determine who raised the most money online on June 15, 2020. The winners will be contacted and arrangements made to get the prize delivered.
- Will the Pedal For Hope tour be going back to schools in 2021?
The team will be back on their bikes and coming to see you next spring!